Need to find an alternative to my Soundstream MC245

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I think I might have to retire my trusty SoundStream MC245. I looked around at would fit (14" is about all I have for width. Maybe 15"). What would run AB and give great SQ and maybe up the power output a bit which would be good?

Much appreciated. I see the Alpine and JL class D amps and in home audio Class D never really rung my musical bell.

I think you would be best off with another MC245. Not many 5 channels amplifiers that small that nice out there.

What's wrong with yours ? Can't you repair it / have it repaired ? I think I have the schematics. Not much inside these amps, can't be that hard for someone with a little experience. Also they can be bought pretty cheap of Craigslist.

Class AB will be hard in that size, the new D-Class amps are very good: The Alpine PDX5 is a nice little 5ch, the JL XD600/6 smaller but less power, PG's new class D's look very good on paper, Kenwood's KAC-X series are good, read good things about Arc mini amps, Vibe not so good.

What car have you got that won't accomodate a 15" amp? I've a 2003 Mini with 36" of amp(s) in it!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.