Powerbass xa3000/DLM4000 driver

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
With the FETs in the circuit, do you have a high frequency (not at the audio frequency being driven into the the amp) rail-rail square wave on the outputs and on the output filter inductors?

Can you see the pulse width of the high frequency waveform changing when you drive audio into it?

Do you see audio at the output filter inductors before the relay?

Is the relay engaging?

With the FETs in the circuit, do you have a high frequency (not at the audio frequency being driven into the the amp) rail-rail square wave on the outputs and on the output filter inductors?

Can you see the pulse width of the high frequency waveform changing when you drive audio into it?

Do you see audio at the output filter inductors before the relay?

Is the relay engaging?

All the fets are in the circuit I see high frequency square wave when I have a signal input. If I adjust the gain or level from the source it will go into protect.

Before the protect trips I get a glimpse of audio at the relay. The relay isn't engaging, the coil is open.

One is for the rail supply and the other for the low voltage supply. The two larger transformers have only a single secondary winding. They work together to act as one transformer.

If the outputs aren't getting hot, the problem is likely in the power supply but I don't know of anything that would cause the amp to go into protect due to a problem in the power supply.

The transformers in these amps have a problem shorting where the terminal windings rub on the other windings. Move the secondary terminal windings to see if it makes a difference.

If I measure resistance from signal gnd to rectifier gnd, reads 0.2 ohms. Read from speaker neg to rectifier gnd, reads .25 ohms. The only time I see a high frequency square wave is when I reference rectifier gnd. It measures ~25Khz, is my scope playing tricks?

I lifted the diode that was causing the protect.

So the high side fets have a square wave on the gate, really faint. The low side I see no activity and the fets stay cool. The current will spike every 10 seconds like its trying to output.

I replaced the IR2110 on the driver board and put the diode back in place. It no longer goes into protect.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.