Powerbass xa3000/DLM4000 driver

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Did the displayed waveform look exactly like the photo?

Why is there a bright trace along the reference line of the display (second image)?

Are you now getting a good drive signal on the inputs of the driver IC?

Do you have good supply voltage across Vdd and Vss on the 2113?

What do you mean by 'Gnd reference is rectifier'? Do you mean the secondary ground?

Did the displayed waveform look exactly like the photo?

Yes, the bright trace is eliminated when a stronger input signal is present

Why is there a bright trace along the reference line of the display (second image)?

If a stronger signal is driven the bright trace disappears.

Are you now getting a good drive signal on the inputs of the driver IC?

The input signal looks the same as above.

Do you have good supply voltage across Vdd and Vss on the 2113?

Did not check yet.

What do you mean by 'Gnd reference is rectifier'? Do you mean the secondary ground?

Never mind, referencing the wrong point.

Stronger input signal being driven in.
An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

Finally back to this amp.

Idles fine, and for a split second will output a signal. As I adjust the volume up a signal will appear at the output, then the amp will start drawing about 10 amps and then back down to idle with no output.

I pulled the output inductors thinking they might be the issue. When I did this the amp would randomly spike the current.

Protection issue? The protection LED never lights.

Some self oscillating amps require a signal to make them start oscillating. This varies from one amp to another, even among those of the same model.

I'd suggest removing the 4 driver transistors and driving a strong signal into it to see if you have drive to both sets of driver transistors. The drive signal will be a square wave of the same frequency as the drive signal. I'm not sure whether you'll have a drive signal on the high-side because it may need oscillation to produce the high-side driver supply voltage.

If there is insufficient DC voltage measured directly across VS and VB on the driver IC, you can supply it with a 9v battery. If the SMD electrolytic capacitor is connected to those pins, connect the 9v battery there. Be sure to get the positive/negative right. Make sure that the 9v battery isn't getting hot while testing. Disconnect the battery when not performing tests.

Before applying power, confirm that you read 47k ohms between the gate and source for the outputs.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.