MRP-1002, doing WEIRD stuff

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
well i busted out my old alpine v-12 amp today, was running it on my 4 amp psu with a little pair of paradigms, turned it off unpluged it, went and ate food came back and it wouldnt turn on. so i left it for a while, pluged it back in, it comes one works fine for about 4 seconds, then its stops again, the red lights on the board turn off, but the green light stays on, and if i just unplug it and plug it back it, the green light come back on, but the red ones wont, unless i leave it sit for 10, then it will work again for 4 seconds, i dont know WTS for the life of me is going on,

anybody got any ides?

well i busted out my old alpine v-12 amp today, was running it on my 4 amp psu with a little pair of paradigms, turned it off unpluged it, went and ate food came back and it wouldnt turn on. so i left it for a while, pluged it back in, it comes one works fine for about 4 seconds, then its stops again, the red lights on the board turn off, but the green light stays on, and if i just unplug it and plug it back it, the green light come back on, but the red ones wont, unless i leave it sit for 10, then it will work again for 4 seconds, i dont know WTS for the life of me is going on,

anybody got any ides?

check out PSU...with voltmeter attached. see if voltage drops...

Last edited:
i put the mm on the power terminals, when its on for the few seconds, when the red lights go out, the voltage goes up by .12 volts, lol i don't there is a drain anywhere, because when the amp is working it sounds fine both channels

Yes, power terminals. VCC and GND at the external terminals of the amplifier. check if you have ~13VDC and how it goes? what is the measured minimum voltage before red light?

If you have a fully charge car battery, please test that amp on that battery.

it sounds defective power supply...

Last edited:
minimum volt when the light is on is 12.51 volts, then when the red lights go off, its 12.63, but im pretty sure its not the psu, because ive ran this psu on this amp for a while b4, plus i put the psu on my mrd-m1000 and it ran, and yea i have a battery i will test it tomorrow see what happens, but im pretty sure it will be the same outcome

minimum volt when the light is on is 12.51 volts, then when the red lights go off, its 12.63, but im pretty sure its not the psu, because ive ran this psu on this amp for a while b4, plus i put the psu on my mrd-m1000 and it ran, and yea i have a battery i will test it tomorrow see what happens, but im pretty sure it will be the same outcome

right PSU looks fine.

how about testing that amp without input and speakers connected? still goes to protect?

or have to check internals especially capacitors...

You'll need to compare the DC voltage on all pins of the power supply driver ICs to see which ones change when the amp is working properly and when the amp won't power up. If you don't know what you're looking for, copy and paste the following into your reply with the voltages.

IC#
Pin 1:
Pin 2:
Pin 3:
Pin 4:
Pin 5:
Pin 6:
Pin 7:
Pin 8:
Pin 9:
Pin 10:
Pin 11:
Pin 12:
Pin 13:
Pin 14:
Pin 15:
Pin 16:

i will try, but i only get about 5 seconds to test anything while its working then it turns off, kinda pia, LOL just temped to take all the parts out of this amp that i know that is good, and scrap the rest, because this amp has be quite a head ache for me :s, once one thing gets fixed then something else goes, LOL sounds like my non-fave vehicle manufacturer, :D

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.