Rockfordfosgate Pump 600.4 accident

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
good day guys!
i have a RF fosgate pump 600.4 when i,m resoldering some parts in the board i accidentally shorted the FET pins(no B+/power applied)made contact w/ the soldering tip. when i turn it on there's no power! do i damage the fet? possible damage? i really need your help guys feel really very bad of happened.
unfortunately i dont have a schematic diagram.

May be a charged cap. I work repairing variety of electronics, and I had a lamp (220V 150W) with a piece of wire and a crocodile clips, and short all HV caps before working in the set. Sometimes they have large resistors, so the discharge time is very large, and dangerous. In this way, not only discharge them quickly, also I view when them are discharged (Lamps dims quickly).

Replace the part, and check parts surrounding it.
Good Luck.

May be a charged cap. I work repairing variety of electronics, and I had a lamp (220V 150W) with a piece of wire and a crocodile clips, and short all HV caps before working in the set. Sometimes they have large resistors, so the discharge time is very large, and dangerous. In this way, not only discharge them quickly, also I view when them are discharged (Lamps dims quickly).

Replace the part, and check parts surrounding it.
Good Luck.

thanks for the tips very much appreciated

sir Perry Babin i hope you read my post f you dont mind. i need your help tips where do i start to dig. you are one of the great wizard in here.
thanks sir.

i am an experienced in electronics but not so familiar in mosfets.
what are the possible damage i've done? do i engage the protect mode?

I NEED MORE INPUTS GUY
thanks.

You need to determine whether there are any defective transistors. Just because there was a spark doesn't mean that it caused damage.

i hope nothing happens on that spark( i think capacitor discharge)...
you mean the power output transistors?
ok i will check all of them.
i hate double sided board w/ surface mount parts its very time consuming
specially if you don't have the ace(schematic) hehe

by the way thanks a lot for the reply sir
i will let you know the progress

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.