rockford 200ix

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I have one I want to repair. It was driving 2 punch 18's @ 4 ohms bridged. Failure was likely the cause of driving hard into clipping over extended play. I have replaced all the caps in the power supply C13,C30,C12,C15,C22,C24,C16C28,C25 all with the appropriate caps.
many fets on the output side were visible damaged so I removed all pairs and replaced them with IRF 540 as called. When I power it up the led lights dimly and Q11 gets hot finally burned and popped the fuse. I need to get it idling before i can run a signal through it and see what I got signal wise.
When q11 is good i measure 28mohms on each fet q11,q6,q7,and q10
board version PC-0766-C
help me please !
Hugh

So youre thinking the op amp may be failing - causing a short in the supply bridge? What about the transitors coming off the TL494?

-The 200 ix was a strong amp in its day would be nice to have two mono bridged in one chassis with fan cooling to drive a pair of subs ....... or was that a power 1000? LOL!

Thanks,
Hugh

Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.