Solid Audio 2500D - pls identify U2 & U3 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > General Interest > Car Audio

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 7th May 2012, 12:11 AM   #1
diyAudio Member

Default Solid Audio 2500D - pls identify U2 & U3

Hello!!! Good Day!

Could somebody help me to find the part number of U2 and U3(maybe identical?) for a driver board of a class D amplifier Solid Audio 2500D?. These drives output MOSFETs.

I'm thinking that this is the culprit of DC offset protect and heating of IRF9640s and IRF640s.

Thank you so much guys! help is very much appreciated...we dont have much resources here in our country. Sorry for my poor camera...

Click the image to open in full size.

Last edited by nonprof; 7th May 2012 at 12:42 AM.
Old 7th May 2012, 12:18 AM   #2
timwebb is offline timwebb  United States
diyAudio Member

got a picture?
Old 7th May 2012, 04:25 AM   #3
diyAudio Member

There were two versions of this driver board. Does pin 8 of one IC connect directly to pin 8 of the other IC?
Old 8th May 2012, 01:36 AM   #4
diyAudio Member

Hi Perry, pin 1 and 4 of U3 are connected to Pin 4 of U2. Yes, Pin8 of both ICs are connected. Can you please give the part number so I can order it today? Order parts willbe coming from U.S. it takes two weeks:-)

Thanks to your usual support...
Old 8th May 2012, 02:13 AM   #5
diyAudio Member

It's not likely that these parts are defective. The IC with pins 1 and 4 connected is an LM211. The other one is a TL072.
Old 8th May 2012, 03:32 AM   #6
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Perry Babin View Post
It's not likely that these parts are defective. The IC with pins 1 and 4 connected is an LM211. The other one is a TL072.
thanks! for having these numbers.
do you have an idea what is the problem? the first problem of this amp is when the relay turns on, it goes to protect. I notice that there is a +80V on the other side of this amp, measured after the output inductor.

Can you please give me one more information? how to find the exact part number of the SMD transistor? It's written as AG and DK (SOT), any technique to get the part number? I broke one of this transistor. I'm planning to order it today, im so very cautious and the list must be complete. It takes a couple weeks and costly when ordering this parts offshore.

thank you so much!

I will try to contribute as I can...I have complete schematics of JL brands, electtromedia/audison amps...

Last edited by nonprof; 8th May 2012 at 03:53 AM.
Old 8th May 2012, 07:39 AM   #7
diyAudio Member

Please email me
babin_perry@yahoo.com

This site has many of the codes:
The SMD Code Book

AG is likely a 2SA1797
DK is likely a 2SC4672
Old 8th May 2012, 08:12 AM   #8
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by nonprof View Post
thanks! for having these numbers.
do you have an idea what is the problem? the first problem of this amp is when the relay turns on, it goes to protect. I notice that there is a +80V on the other side of this amp, measured after the output inductor.

Can you please give me one more information? how to find the exact part number of the SMD transistor? It's written as AG and DK (SOT), any technique to get the part number? I broke one of this transistor. I'm planning to order it today, im so very cautious and the list must be complete. It takes a couple weeks and costly when ordering this parts offshore.

thank you so much!

I will try to contribute as I can...I have complete schematics of some brands...
Old 8th May 2012, 09:41 AM   #9
diyAudio Member

Those driver boards have a lot of problems. The smaller transistors often short or become leaky. The small 470 ohm resistors often open or drift in value. Bad solder connections are common on many of the transistors.

If it's going into protect as the relay clicks, it's likely due to having DC offset on the output transistors. That can be caused by virtually any component on the driver board but most commonly due to an open resistor or defective transistor.
Old 8th May 2012, 09:55 AM   #10
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Perry Babin View Post
Those driver boards have a lot of problems. The smaller transistors often short or become leaky. The small 470 ohm resistors often open or drift in value. Bad solder connections are common on many of the transistors.

If it's going into protect as the relay clicks, it's likely due to having DC offset on the output transistors. That can be caused by virtually any component on the driver board but most commonly due to an open resistor or defective transistor.

thanks! Ill check all of these...

Hide this!Advertise here!