Phoenix Gold Amp Issue

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hey guys,

I am having an issue with my phoenix gold xenon x400.1 amp where it doesn't turn off. The amp will turn on with the remote wire, but even with the remote wire disconnected, the amp still stays on.

I have checked to make sure that no positive power is touching the remote wire inlet. I am honestly all out of ideas and Phoenix gold wants $184 - flat rate to look at and fix it. Not worth it for a 4 year old amp.

Thanks in advance,

John

Does the amp work properly other than this turn on issue???

How adept are you inside of electronics at a component level??

I ask because this amp uses a PIC micro-controller in the power supply as a watch dog safety controller so it not as easy as a typical car amp. Your turn on issue is unfamiliar to me so I would have to direct you step by step to each device to find the trouble. PM me if you would like to talk more about this issue...:)

Mtx amps had a similar problem a few years back and using a dpdt relay to short the remote input of the amp to ground when turning the deck off would turn them off. I know its a hack and not the way you would want to leave it but it worked on them. Its like the input was too sensitive. I never found out the actual culprit because we were selling and installing them but I wasn't repairing them.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.