Kicker KX1200.1 - U508 and U509

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
thanks for having this forum...it really great helps for a newbie like me and for those people who has a very limited access sourcing a parts and resources.

I dont have schematics of KX1200.1, the problem is the IRF9640 and 640 heats and protect. I suspected the problem is the U508 or U509 but I intent to replace them all because this will give extra cost when buying from other countries. Any ideas why all these MOSFET heat up? I read a +-19V at the gate and the rail voltages decreases to just +-19V.

May I know what is the part number of U508 and U509? what is these ICs? Please...

thanks I got the U508 it LM361.

Thank you so much!

Last edited:
thanks for having this forum...it really great helps for a newbie like me and for those people who has a very limited access sourcing a parts and resources.

I dont have schematics of KX1200.1, the problem is the IRF9640 and 640 heats and protect. I suspected the problem is the U508 or U509 but I intent to replace them all because this will give extra cost when buying from other countries. Any ideas why all these MOSFET heat up? I read a +-19V at the gate and the rail voltages decreases to just +-19V.

May I know what is the part number of U508 and U509? what is these ICs? Please...

Thank you so much!

thanks! I used the search engine. I got the U508 it is LM361. how about U509?

Kicker KX1200.1 - no sound

Hi! I replaced the LM361 U509 and followed the jumper wire stated from other post and it works fine! Protect is gone and power backs on.

But now the problem is it didn't accept any audio. It looks like muted. Do you have ideas how to fix this problem? thanks in advance!!!

Hi! I replaced the LM361 U508 and I think it's right.

Before I followed the jumper wire (C554 and R559) stated from other post the amps turns on and off to protect mode. Joining both terminals the protect mode is gone and the power backs on but new problem arises, NO sound from the output.

Thre pre-amp board looks good, I can measure output on preamp but the speaker still muted. Any ideas how to fix this problem?

I have +-12V supply to pre amp board, -11V on V.C and 0 volt on output.

I peel off land pad on pin 5, 7 and 9 of U508, Is there any active connection to these land pad?

I have a good contact from the speaker relay.

thanks in advance!!! more power to this forum...

Last edited:
It doesn't appear that the IC is working properly. I don't think that there is any input condition that can make both outputs match. They should be at opposite supply voltages if the amp isn't working properly and something other than exactly 0v when the amp is working properly. It's also strange that the input pins are at 0v. I'd expect them to be something other than exactly 0v.

It doesn't appear that the IC is working properly. I don't think that there is any input condition that can make both outputs match. They should be at opposite supply voltages if the amp isn't working properly and something other than exactly 0v when the amp is working properly. It's also strange that the input pins are at 0v. I'd expect them to be something other than exactly 0v.

ok...il think of it.

how about the jumper connection? before I did the connection the amp alternately on/off then I followed the jumper, the amp is not anymore going to protect. what is the purpose of the jumper?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.