JL Audio 300/4 Thermal Short

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Before starting this thread, I did a search of JL Audio thermal issues and really couldnt find anything on thermal problems, only distortion and failure to power. So I hope I'm not asking a question thats already been asked a hundred times.

I recently got a JL 300/4 (not v2). The problem with it is that immediately when receiving power, both the green power light and thermal light come on. Ive opened the case to check for any physical damage and nothing appears to be blown, although i know that many problems do not show physical signs. Im really not experienced in fixing amps, as I was going to use this JL to be my testing amp as i try to learn. Ive ready into some guides and tutorials on general car amplifier repairs, but none really go into the thermal circuits, generally only power. I was hoping that maybe someone could point me in the right direction of the area I need to start at when looking at this amp. I am kind of hesitant on tearing this amp all the way down and mindlessly just playing with it without at least a starting point. It appears to be a pain in the way they made it, haha. Any help would greatly be appreciated, and please keep in mind, this is actually my first rodeo. Thanks.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.