Audiobahn 2150 hct amp - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > General Interest > Car Audio

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 14th April 2012, 03:53 PM   #1
diyAudio Member

Default Audiobahn 2150 hct amp

Hey guys this is my first time here and need help. I drove home from work last night and my system was working properly. I stopped at speedway and then got back into my truck and drove home, again it worked fine. I got home turned off the truck and the system turned off like it always do. So this morning I had to go to the bank to cash my check and nothing coming from my 12's. Oh by the way I already had the amp repaired less than a 9 months ago they changed the power supplies and a few other things, I dont have th receipt in front of me at the moment. But lets get back to the amp...I checked the fuses on the power cord from the battery to the cap and its not blown. I also checked the three fuses on the amp and they arent blown. The amp turns on, the fans run and the red light turns on then changes over to blue like it always do when you first turn the stereo on. I took the lid off the amp looked around and nothing appears to be burned so what's going on? Please help, I already miss the music...
Old 15th April 2012, 02:50 AM   #2
diyAudio Member

Many of these amps will do as you described (LEDs, fans) if the power supply is blown. Post a photo of the inside of the amp if you want help repairing or troubleshooting.
Old 15th April 2012, 03:24 AM   #3
diyAudio Member

Well I found the problem about three hours after posting the thread. I went back out tot he garage and starte messing around with all the wires to the amp. I unplugged everything, took a bulb to the cap to discharge it, replaced all the fuses again and tried it and nothing. So I already cleaned the ground wire to bare metal and put the nut back on the bolt. So I turned the stereo on and started to mess with the wires and again and the ground wire going to the amp was sparking every time I moved it around and the subs would start bumping. I cut the tape off cut the end of the wire and cut that back for a new end. Taped it back up and works good again. I must off hit with my level yesterday putting it under the seat.

Hide this!Advertise here!