Go Back   Home > Forums > General Interest > Car Audio

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 9th April 2012, 03:17 PM   #1
diyAudio Member

Default Amp turns on but no output

I have an old school 2000watt 2-channel power acoustik amp, its been working fine before but i noticed one of the channels stopped working.. so then i bridged the sub then one day while playing music i hear a 'pop' sound and the subs stopped playing. I had the subs tested and they work fine on another amp i have but my power acoustik is not giving any output thru subs.. my immediate thought was a blown resistor maybe near the speaker output terminals(still dont know)... after observing the inside of the amp i noticed 2 loose 4700mf caps which i soldered back but still no luck.. i also noticed that the amps power output measures power wen speakers connected to right channel but still no sound and wen connected in bridge mode output power drops to 0 immediately... help please!!!!??! This amp is definitely worth repair.

Btw i tested mosfets, transistors and ic's all seem to be in good condition...
Old 9th April 2012, 07:40 PM   #2
diyAudio Member

I had a similar problem in my thread. I noticed the voltage at the amp when hooked up was only 4-6 volts. I was advised that the fuse at the battery could be bad so I replaced it and it is good as new. Perhaps your problem is similar.
Old 9th April 2012, 10:43 PM   #3
diyAudio Member

Post a photo of the inside of the amp.

Hide this!Advertise here!