eclipse xa5000

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
413.7 ohms. I was in a hurry typing, sorry. There is a another resistor in the circuit r40 which reads .959kohms so I'm thinking its just the r30 resistor thats bad. Also the power supply FETs are removed (this is the sub channel).

Last edited:
Does anyone know what q34 is?

1 pin is tied to ground and a 470ohm resistors (r24).

The other side of r24 is tied to another 470ohm resistor (r34) and a diode (d33) and the signal for the gate

The other side of r34 goes to the another leg of q34

D34 goes to the other leg of q34 and traces back to the gates of the power supply transistors q35 and q36.

Well, I've been away a while but have been busy. I got this amp working and sold it to a friend. Today he called me saying that the amp would turn on in phases. After about a minute the sub and rear speakers would turn on and then a few minutes later the fronts would turn on. A quick visual inspection 1 of the power supply FETs for the sub channel was toasted. When it did turn fully on everything sounded ok.

He did say he noticed this the day after he was having trouble with his battery. I'm just curious if the amp was bad and was draining his battery or if its possible it shorted after the jump start.

Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.