Power Acoustik Bamf4000d no audio out on master mode - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > General Interest > Car Audio

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 26th March 2012, 09:18 PM   #1
ivkata is offline ivkata  United States
diyAudio Member

Arrow Power Acoustik Bamf4000d no audio out on master mode

ok got this amp online and acts strange .On master mode most of the time there is no audio out ,but in few times i got it to play when i messed with the volume knob where in over half gain the audio will come up but most of the time nothing.When i sett it to slave i always have good audio but low output 80-100 watts and gain and or other knob adjustments have no effect on the output .I did replaced the volume control with another from a good known amp and this changes nothing ..I don't know is it my luck but i always strike with amps that have some mystery problems

Last edited by ivkata; 26th March 2012 at 09:21 PM.
Old 26th March 2012, 10:59 PM   #2
diyAudio Member

Look at the DC offset on the output of the op-amps near the RCAs (all of the op-amps in that area).

Also confirm that all of them have both positive and negative supply voltage on the power supply pins.
Old 31st March 2012, 11:09 PM   #3
diyAudio Member

sorry to jump on your thread,i have one of these amps and had two op amps that is connected to the input jacks damaged,changed em and she's passing a nice clean audio but as soon as i connect it in the vehicle it smokes r 101,im assuming the value is 47ohms but if not please advise me what it is.

ps.i also double checked the wiring in the vehicle making sure no rca or speaker leads are connected to chassis.
Old 31st March 2012, 11:28 PM   #4
diyAudio Member

Post #3:

220 ohms.

You likely have a shorted transformer. Disconnect all wires from the amp and measure the resistance from the B+ terminal to the negative speaker terminal. If you read anything near 0 ohms, the transformer is shorted.

I won't answer any more questions for this amp in this thread.
Old 2nd April 2012, 04:33 PM   #5
diyAudio Member

thanks for your reply

Hide this!Advertise here!