Hifonics brutus 2610 chip id

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Anyone know what U2 and u3 are?

Attachments

• IMAG0552.jpg
    IMAG0552.jpg
    686.3 KB · Views: 196
I got this one in as a basket case, botched repair. Had at least 1-2 blown ps fets and 1-2 output fets blown before someone tried randomly replacing things. Had 1 ps fet shorted, snipped it off only to find the pnp drivers for the ps fets bad. Once that all got sorted the amp powers up, but goes into fault and some of the output fets heat up. Once the driver board is out it stays up.

U2 is a TL072
U3 is an LM211

Check (for open junctions as well as leakage) Q7, Q11, Q19 and Q22.

Several vias were damaged when the driver board was removed. Using ChipQuik will eliminate this problem. When you reinstall it, you need to confirm that you have a solid connection to all traces on the top of the main board. Intermittent connections can make the amp blow outputs for no apparent reason.

Hi everyone I'm new to this forum. I'm from an island in the Caribbean called St.Lucia. I'm an electronics repair technician and own a small business doing audio electronics repair and servicing. Perry Babin is correct about the part #s for the driver board. We don't have immediate access to replacement parts as you guys so we improvise :), so the smd transistors on that board we replace them with TO-92 casing transistors since i realize that they can't handle the current which goes tru them because of their packaging and specs.
MPSA42 replaces 1D
MPSA92 replaces 2D
works fine everytime since St.Lucia has ALOT of hifonics brutus amps with driver board issues

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.