Just a little Help Please

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Fairly quick question.

is it possible to connect my speakers in this way ( pic Below )

I have 4 4 ohm speaker I want to put 2 per channel. Is that possible ?

If you need more info please feel free to contact me and i will post an info you need to help me out.

Now I need not only an answer but a short explination so I never have to ask this again If you just say no I will be like ok And one day ask again cause I am forgetful like that LOL

Thanking all who read and answer this post to help me out.

Attachments

• 2_4ohmSVC_2ohm.png
    2_4ohmSVC_2ohm.png
    16.1 KB · Views: 55
if they are single 4ohm subs, and the amp can support 2ohm load for 2 channels, then yes, it is fine. it is ohms law parallel. (meaning each speaker pulls directly from the same signal) the calculation for any parallel is
( 1/r + 1/r ...etc = x/r, then flip) for your example, 1/4 + 1/4 = 2/4 =1/2 =2/1 = 2ohms. if you had 3 it would be 1/4+1/4+1/4=3/4=4/3= 1.33

you need to post the specs on the amplifer and speaker wattage

Hope this helps

RT251D
R
MS Power measured at 14.4 Volts DC:

100 Watts x 1 into a 4 Ohm load with less than 1% Thd+N

200 Watts x 1 into a 2 Ohm load with less than 1% Thd+N

Dynamic Power measured at 14.4 Volts DC:​

125 Watts x 1 into a 4 Ohm load

250 Watts x 1 into a 2 Ohm load

Signal to Noise Ratio:
100dB A-Weighted

Frequency Response:
20Hz-85Hz

Maximum Input:
8Vrms

Bass Boost:
Switchable Bass Boost 0, 6, or 12dB centered at 40Hz

Crossover:
Fixed @ 85Hz, 18dB/octave low pass

Dimensions:
Including Iso-Feet™

7.98" x 9.75" x 2.1" (20.3cm x 24.8cm x 5.3cm)

You will have problems, because that amplifier is MONO (ONE CHANNEL) even though it has two output channels (their mono inside). So if you do the wiring as you stated you will end up with a final load of 1-ohm which will instantly kill the amplifier (well not right away maybe in a minute or two).

Now if you wire one set of speakers SERIES you'll have an 8-ohm load on each set of speakers (two 8-ohm loads) then when you hook those to your amplifier one on each side/channel your amplifier will see a final load of 4-ohms.

OR

Keep each pair PARALLEL so you'll have 2-ohm per set, then from one set hook the negative to the positive of the other set, then the positive and negative thats left over to the amplifier (THE AMPLIFIER WILL STILL HAVE A FINAL 4-ohm load either way it goes).

But keeping it 4-ohms will make sure your amplifier will play for hours with out problems.

I can post pics/examples if you need me too.

You will have problems, because that amplifier is MONO (ONE CHANNEL) even though it has two output channels (their mono inside). So if you do the wiring as you stated you will end up with a final load of 1-ohm which will instantly kill the amplifier (well not right away maybe in a minute or two).

Now if you wire one set of speakers SERIES you'll have an 8-ohm load on each set of speakers (two 8-ohm loads) then when you hook those to your amplifier one on each side/channel your amplifier will see a final load of 4-ohms.

OR

Keep each pair PARALLEL so you'll have 2-ohm per set, then from one set hook the negative to the positive of the other set, then the positive and negative thats left over to the amplifier (THE AMPLIFIER WILL STILL HAVE A FINAL 4-ohm load either way it goes).

But keeping it 4-ohms will make sure your amplifier will play for hours with out problems.

I can post pics/examples if you need me too.

Pictures would be fabulous Iam a more visual type of guy ya know.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.