Assistancw with Alpine Car CD Mechanism Wanted Please! - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > General Interest > Car Audio

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 23rd March 2012, 06:55 PM   #1
diyAudio Member

Angry Assistancw with Alpine Car CD Mechanism Wanted Please!

Hi!

I'm really stuck with the cd mechanism in my friend's Alpine AL2199 car radio cd/changer - it's unreliable loading cds in and out despite three attempts at rebuilding/relubricating it!

Can anyone:-

1) identify whose mechanism it is from the photo's I've included please?

2) Point me in the direction of an exploded view of the mechamism?

3) Suggest what I can try to make the mechanism smoother in operation and suggest something to replace the creamy-yellow stuff the maker originally lubricated it with please?

3) Give me any suggestions as to how reliable the lasers are, after much searching I found it was the Sanyo SF92.5 4pin/11pin Optical pickup with two long flexi-cables, one 4 pin and one 11pin - I also managed to find a schematic (in Russian!!!) of the pickup itself!

4) Point me in the direction of Alpine AL2910 & AL2199 service manuals please - I can find any number of enquiries from people wanting to decode the pesky things, which is of no use to me whatsoever - I have the codes!

Many thanks,

Chris Williams
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Camera Piccys 2!!! 001.jpg (615.5 KB, 47 views)
File Type: jpg Camera Piccys 2!!! 002.jpg (625.1 KB, 45 views)
File Type: jpg Camera Piccys 2!!! 003.jpg (577.4 KB, 44 views)
File Type: jpg Camera Piccys 2!!! 004.jpg (617.6 KB, 42 views)
File Type: jpg Camera Piccys 2!!! 005.jpg (621.6 KB, 38 views)
File Type: jpg Camera Piccys 2!!! 006.jpg (624.1 KB, 16 views)
File Type: jpg Camera Piccys 2!!! 007.jpg (612.9 KB, 11 views)
Old 24th March 2012, 01:47 AM   #2
diyAudio Member

i cann't decode it, but clean all the grit off and the lube should be white lithium. completely clean the rubber rollers with rubbing alchohol, so that they grip the cd, and check that spring pressure operates the rollers to touch, and the slave roller, and drive roller are not dragging. just about all the problems i've seen invlving poor intake/eject movement have been due to this, unless there is obvious physical damage done.
Old 26th March 2012, 07:03 AM   #3
ivkata is offline ivkata  United States
diyAudio Member

this cd mechanism looks like the one i had in cda-7949 i repaired and sold.i think the laser was the same model as well and i got it over ebay for 19 bucks brand new.Mine was very peaky and wouldn't play burned cd or will take 2 min to read one.Once i changed the pick up any cd was playing in 2 sec .If u plan on keeping this unit buy a spare i think this parts are discontinued
Old 4th April 2012, 07:03 PM   #4
diyAudio Member

Hi!

To members ivkata & AKHeathen - thanks for your help Gents!

Unfortunately a search for a CDA-7949 service manual has drawn a blank as well!

Can anyone point me in the direction of one?

Chris Williams
Old 4th April 2012, 07:45 PM   #5
diyAudio Member

PacParts has it for $10 plus shipping.

ServiceManuals.net has it for $17 as a download. Expect 24 hours for them to scan and post the manual.
Old 6th April 2012, 02:53 PM   #6
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris56000 View Post
Hi!

I'm really stuck with the cd mechanism in my friend's Alpine AL2199 car radio cd/changer - it's unreliable loading cds in and out despite three attempts at rebuilding/relubricating it!

Can anyone:-

1) identify whose mechanism it is from the photo's I've included please?

2) Point me in the direction of an exploded view of the mechamism?

3) Suggest what I can try to make the mechanism smoother in operation and suggest something to replace the creamy-yellow stuff the maker originally lubricated it with please?

3) Give me any suggestions as to how reliable the lasers are, after much searching I found it was the Sanyo SF92.5 4pin/11pin Optical pickup with two long flexi-cables, one 4 pin and one 11pin - I also managed to find a schematic (in Russian!!!) of the pickup itself!

4) Point me in the direction of Alpine AL2910 & AL2199 service manuals please - I can find any number of enquiries from people wanting to decode the pesky things, which is of no use to me whatsoever - I have the codes!

Many thanks,

Chris Williams
Hey Chris
I doubt you'll find manuals for these HU. Alpine/Mercedes OEM do not produce manuals for their stuff. Only parts lists with part numbers and mechanical exploded views.No schematics/PCB layouts.I've been repairing OE products for Mercedes for almost 30 years and I went to various Alpine production facilities for hands on training. However Alpine/Volvo OEM do have service manuals that are simply fantastic.

The Sanyo pick up is a pretty good one as they last for years.

Your loading/eject problem is probably due to incorrect reassembly after
the clean up. Check for correct alignment of the switches under the small
PCB at the front. Also check for broken teeth on the plastic slides on the
left side of the mech. Lastly check that all tension springs have been replaced in their respective positions.

Good luck

Hide this!Advertise here!