amp decision help

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hello all, im new to this site and had a few questions i am hoping i can get some opinions and quality advice on
let me say i am in no way a pro, i get by and do my own work

i have a 2010 camaro, i dont want to tear into untill i have all the parts here for my system
i have cdt hd series for the entire car going in and i am awaiting the drop of the excelon 9990hd for the head
my line up will be
6.5 componants up front (stock locations)
2 6.5" coaxs (rear pillar in custom fab panel)
2 6.5 mega bass drivers in the rear deck lid (enclosure built under them)
2 12 qes series subs (1 per side in trunk)
i will also be running a set of 2100is for upstage sound
and 2 af-256/02 for accent fills

here is my question
i have a few boston gta series amps i was gonna use but i feel like i will be doing those speakers a great injustice by doing so...
how are the cdt amps? and luck with them?
should i go with the excelon xr amps? are they any good?
i dont know what to do, i like to have things match lol
any ideas or suggestions ?
good or bad i can take it...thank you all who help in advance

If the Boston amps have the power you need use them, shouldn't be a major difference between them and the CDT or any other well made amp-certainly not one you'll notice while driving. The Kenwood XR amps are good, but again unless double the power of your Bostons I doubt you'd notice any improvement.

Forget adding the mega bass drivers into the shelf-no point with the sub in there. In fact I would forget the rears all together-they largely detract from your listening by pulling the satge back with HF information you don't need.

Try and get the 6.5 mega bass into the front of the car and run a 3way front stage and subwoofer.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.