p4004 flaky channel - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > General Interest > Car Audio

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 21st March 2012, 02:36 PM   #1
diyAudio Member

Default p4004 flaky channel

Hey All,

I have a p4004 with a channel that sometimes doesnt come on until i turn the volume up to almost full then it kicks on. It will work fine for a few days maybe a few weeks but then one day i turn the system on and that channel is dead again until i turn the volume up to almost full and bam... it works again. anyone evr see this problem?

Ive ruled out the radio and /or the speakers. its definitely the amp. i dont think its a cold solder cuz i would imagine vibration would come into play and the amp is mounted on a box with 2 15" p3 power series and once the channel is on it stays on.

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance.
Old 21st March 2012, 02:54 PM   #2
diyAudio Member

Loose connection in the RCA jacks, dirty contacts in potentiometers or switches...

Have you tried operating all of the controls through their entire range to see if one makes it play normally?
Old 21st March 2012, 03:14 PM   #3
diyAudio Member

Hi Perry,

Absolutly... ive tried evrything that can be tried externally. rca's have been swapped to see if problem follows rca's .. nada. tried the pot's nothing, switches nothing. im pretty sure its an internal problem. actually to be honest it started about a month after i bought the amp but never had the time to return the amp. 6 years later still doing the same thing.

Was hoping someone might have come across this problem and found a faulty component inside. i have no problem opening it up and changing components just dont know where to start. If i had a schematic to the board i would tackle it but. but i have had no luck locating it and i dont think fosgate is going to send me one....
Old 22nd March 2012, 10:35 AM   #4
diyAudio Member

Rockford would have sent it to you if you would have called or emailed them. Email me if you want it.

babin_perry@yahoo.com

Hide this!Advertise here!