kicker DX700 scematic/help

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
So, I don't remember the history on this amp, other than i have it on the bench, and it powered up fine without audio. Did some troubleshooting and here is what I found:
the pico fuse (F5) is blown.

There is anywhere between .268 and 2vac across the rca input jacks, matched with the power supply @29khz, but that is completely responsive to me touching the toroid, case, other components, and even the metal edge of the counter (laminate counter, and the metal does not touch the amp anywhere. i just now used an plastic screwdriver to apply pressure to the power torroid to verify. currently rests@ .560, and increases consistently via either jumping the pico, or grounding the rca by .215v.

It plays good clean audio via rca shield grounding, or pico jumping.

Maybe i am paronoid, because it just sounds like it should be doing this, and that the voltage is simply transient noise with no current behind it (the noise of my power supply corresponds the same as the readings, playing through the subs) I do not know exactly how the fuse and circuit is designed.

Could it be safe to say that the pico fuse was blown due to a poor vehicle ground, the same way they blow in the head units?
Any more tests i should do?
I would like to simply replace the pico and call it good, but i do not want to risk any source unit damage.
Any help appreciated-
-Heath H-

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.