Go Back   Home > Forums > General Interest > Car Audio

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 8th March 2012, 02:32 PM   #1
diyAudio Member

Default Power problems with my new install audio equipment

I own a 2007 Chrysler 300c srt8 I have a keen wood double din radio. One JL 13/7 sub all JL highs. One JL 1000/1 and and about 500 watts running my highs. DC alternator 270 amp two batteries one stock interstate like 875 amp. One 2000 kenetik. And my light still dem in the inside of my car at night when I'm driving dash broad every thing. The installer at the stero shop did a big wire up grade. But he done it like this he grounded a big wire from my frame to my Motor and a big wire from my alternator to my starter. What eles can we do should he run the wire straight to my batterie. If any body can help I would appreciate it. Im new on here just need some help
Old 9th March 2012, 04:47 AM   #2
diyAudio Member

Did he run any power wire from the alt to the battery??? If not that could be your problem, the big three goes like this: 1) alternator positive to battery positive, 2) battery negative to chassis, and 3) engine ground to chassis. Some people replace the factory wiring; others add additional cables to the factory wiring.

I would be wondering about the wire from the alternator to the starter, I think it should be to the battery, there should be a heavy gauge wire from the battery to the starter already. I would also should have a heavy gauge wire from the frame to the battery.

Hope this help.
Old 9th March 2012, 04:57 AM   #3
diyAudio Member

Default Audio

Ok I went and talk to them today at stereo shop were gonna do it the way you said and run a 3rd battery. And hope for the best I ben searching for led bulbs for my dash well basicly. Exteria and interiathanks so much I Ben told the same thing u said but try n to tell and professional he wrong is like whoop n a dead horse.
Old 9th March 2012, 08:42 AM   #4
diyAudio Member

I was taught that the extra batteries are good for extended play with the engine not running. A 270 amp alternator should be able to keep up with your demands. Too me, you are not getting current to your amps. Hopefully they will get the wiring correct and your issues will be taken care of. Keep us updated.
Old 9th March 2012, 09:02 AM   #5
diyAudio Member

Default Audio

Ok thank I will keep u posted

Hide this!Advertise here!