pioneer premier deh-p8mp - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > General Interest > Car Audio

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 8th March 2012, 10:33 AM   #1
diyAudio Member

Default pioneer premier deh-p8mp

i have a premier deh p8mp cd player/head unit. one day i hit a bump and deck made electrical pop and shut off. when i got home i looked and found out that when i had hit the bump the, acc power wire ,had came out of the harness and touched the ground on the same plug /main harness. well it fried the ic. i opened up and took a look at inside components didnt look that bad. but the ic had a black mark on it and case that it sits up against so i know it fried that.
my question is ,does any1 know of a good place to get a replacement and what that replacement might be. The ic is "pioneer mosfet60 pal008a". i have looked for the pal008a on google search and have found it on "ebay " but not sure about ordering it off there. and other search came up with ...i think the number was off the top of my head, tda7385, a diiferent ic said to be replacement for pal008a and many others , but i counted the pins and it has 25 pins and my stereos pioneer mosfet60 pal008a has 27 pins, so that throws me off about where to get the right ic
any1 have any ideas to help me... also when it blew the ic, im sure the way it blew was when the acc and ground touched. but , does any1 know if it would have blown anything else in the circuit before or after 008a that i should check out.i have repaired amps and some small problems with headunits before but . im not sure what to start with when going over the board to check for bad components. i already have the circuit board ready for new ic but dont yet have the ic, and i also want to know what else i should check for before putting new ic in and powering it up..i reaaally dont want to replace ic more than once!!

any advice would be alot of help.
Old 9th March 2012, 12:46 AM   #2
diyAudio Member

It doesn't seem to be readily available. Contact Pioneer customer service.

Hide this!Advertise here!