mr babin this ones for you or anyone who is able to answer

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
i was using your subwoofer enclosure calculator and had a question:

i input:

Height? = 16 Inches
Width? = 28.5 Inches
Depth1? = 14 Inches
Depth2? = 14 Inches

Wood Thickness? = .75 Inches
Speaker Displacement? = 0.12 Ft³
Port Frequency? = 25 Hertz
Port Diameter? = 4 Inches
Number of Ports? = 1
Sq. Port Ratio H:W? = 1:

calculate results:

Box Front Angle = 90 Degrees
Gross box volume = 2.712 Ft3
Net box volume = 2.581 Ft3
Port Length = 17.992 Inches
Port Area = 12.566 Inches2
Port Volume = 0.131 Ft3

ok if i was to change:

Port Diameter? = 2 Inches
Number of Ports? = 2

resulting in:

Box Front Angle = 90 Degrees
Gross box volume = 2.712 Ft3
Net box volume = 2.681 Ft3
Port Length = 8.606 Inches
Port Area = 6.283 Inches2
Port Volume = 0.031 Ft3

1st question is, port diameter is for a circle port correct?
2nd question is, would these two enclosure sound exact same? or would one of them have improved sound quality? If so which one?

thanks.

25Hz is probably too low for a car unless you have a specific reason to go that low.

The sound would likely depend on how much displacement you were getting from the speakers. More displacement causes more airflow in the port and at high power, it's possible that you could have a problem with port noise with the smaller port area of the two 2" ports.

The round ports are supposed to be PVC or something similar. The calculator takes the port volume from the enclosure but does not compensate for the thickness of the port material.

its for a single 12" idmax dual 2ohm subwoofer and the recommended ported volume gross is 2.72 cu. ft. ported frequency 25hz port dimension is 4" i.d. x 17.5" long.

i'm trying to get the optimal sound quality from these subs.

so i would be better off with a 4" port instead of 2 - 2" ports? I placed the woofers in the center of the enclosure and was going to port 2 ports on the top side of the enclosure but if my sound quality will be affected will just go get a 4" port.

When I had mines in a ported enclosure that was 4.5cuft 2 3" ports tuned to 34hz. Bass was nice and deep powered by a 1001bd at 1ohm. Then I switched to a sealed 4cuft. They still sounded deep, less low end but played a wider rang of music. Now I have them in a infinite baffle through the back deck lid. I am very pleased and very surprised how much output they have. A lot less output on the low end but gaining my trunk space back was worth it.

Chose the enclosure type suited for the type of music you listen to. Either way you can't go wrong, these subs will play nice in anything.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.