us amp md3d

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I got amp friend that didn't take care of it. When I received it 2 caps on the output side were popped and the 2 of the legs on choke had broke. All 24 power FETs are shorter including 3 output FETs.

Power fets are marked irf1010n, will irf1010npbf work? I didn't see a difference other than lead free.

Where the choke leads broke I can't get them soldered back in place . Can I unwind 1 turn and solder it back in?

I called RE audio and asked for the service manual. They lady said they would email it but its been over a week.

The PBF will work.

It would be better to extend the wire instead of taking 1 turn off. In some instances, taking 1 turn won't make a difference. In other amps, it could cause both the inductor and the output filter capacitors to run hotter than normal. I'm assuming that you're referring to the output filter inductors.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.