Kenwood 9152D Mods - Possible?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I had 2 of these Kenny amps and have recently sourced a 3rd. I am looking to get a forth and run 2 strapped per coil on my XXX15.
The one I just picked up had the same problem as the last one with not powering up, I opened it and replaced W17.
If earthing the chassis makes the amplifier switch on, this is usually the problem.

Anyway. I noticed on this board C15 & C199 are missing (slightly different revision to my other 2) so I was looking at fitting these.

The main reason for this thread is, does anybody have any idea about any possible mods I could make?
They are rated at 900w rms @ 2ohm but are 1ohm stable. I ran mine @ .7ohm each and they barely got warm. They are only fitted with 2x30A fuses and I believe that this is a limiting factor in their performance.
The fuses do pop when you push it for too long. I would like to fit a pair of 35A maybe 40A fuses as they seem to pop before they clip??? (Crossover @ <70Hz)

They are cheap @ £25-60 GBP so it wouldn't be the end of the world if one failed.
Is there anything I should be thinking about before just adding bigger fuses? Maybe better FET's?

I am open to any advice or thoughts can upload higher resolution pictures if required.
Thank you :spin:

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.