Alpine MRV-1002

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
This amp had 2 shorted outputs and one blown power supply. The other power supply is still in tact. The power supply that was still in tact is being regulated and the one that I am using the 3205s in has a wider pulse width indicating to me that that power supply is working harder to maintain voltage.

When I power the amp on I get -46V on the secondary CT and on the RCA shields. I'm not sure what is causing it, any help would be appreciated.

Last edited:
Just for your information this amp uses 2 494Cs, one for each power supply. Each power supply generates separate rail voltage for each channel. + rail on one channel is not directly connected to + rail on the other.

Each of the 494s has .25vdc on pin 4 yet each one is showing different dead times.

Last edited:
Nevermind the different dead times, there's a pot for each 494 that feeds pin 1. Is there a certain pulse width I should set this to?

Other than setting the dead time, the only issue I have now is the -46v on the secondary CT. Referenced from secondary CT I have about +-48v. Both sets of rails are having the same symptoms, -46V at secondary ground.

The rectifiers are in plastic cases and I don't get continuity between the center leg of any outputs and the metal plate.

Also, from a cold start the sec CT is at -18V, as soon as I turn off my power supply it jumps to the -40s and begins to discharge. Each time I start it after that without allowing it to fully discharge it goes directly to -46v.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.