Flickering headlights with an earthquake phd2

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hey all. I'm going to start this off from the beginning. I have a 1999 BMW 328i that has a 120amp Valeo alternator and a brand new battery 1000 cca battery. I have 2 10" mtx 600 watt jackhammer subwoofers run in series and an earthquake phd2 amplifier. Not to sure ohm ratings and whatnot. Also the wiring was all re run 0 gauge for power with a 5 farad cap. The battery on this car is located in the trunk on these cars but there can be a second battery installed if needed. Now the problem is everytime I turn the bass up on my alpine head I get flickering headlights and interior reading lights. Soon as I turn it down with a little bass it's fine. Now doing just a draw test with the bass super loud I was getting an intermittent drop sometimes to .9 volts but for the most part it was staying at 14.1v charge. HELP!!!!

Well I have ripped my alternator out and sent it to the rebuild shop. The brushes and slip rings are worn right out of it. So I am going to attempt a rebuild on that first. Also adding a second battery wont be very expensive at all. I got one lying around my house and there is a special place for one under the hood in the front of the car on these. I guess it was an option to have them up front from the factory in europe. All i need is the cables and battery tray.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.