Rockford Type RF X2

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hello recieved this amp for repair.

Sometimes the amp will turn on fine and the DSP board will light up and you can adjust everything and the amp produces clean audio.

Most of the time the amp will power fine and idle fine but the dsp board lights up and has no display, there is no audio, and I hear a hissing noise which sounds like running water in a wall pipe if you will.

Not sure where to look still waiting on a schematic from RF.

The amp is producing rail voltage at the rectifiers, and the voltage regulators seem to be working fine.

There is no DC on the speaker terminals.

The power supply gate signal looks good on the scope, nice and square waveform.

Last edited:
I have the X3 schematic but it doesn't show the DSP board. I'm assuming that the X3 has the DSP because it uses the same owner's manual.

When you get the schematic diagram, check the supply voltage for the ICs on the DSP board. It may also have problems with the reset function. There is generally one pin that is held low for a fraction of a second to make the processor IC boot up properly. If this isn't working properly, the IC won't start properly.

All I got from Rockford was left output, right output, and power supply. I am going to e-mail forrest again and give him the dsp board number and try and get the right schematic.

The amp has the same issue with the dsp board and display un plugged. With the Ic processor board unplugged shouldnt the amp power up fine if the dsp board was the problem?

I am beginning to think its something else just not sure if the amp can function properly with the dsp board unplugged?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.