Diamond Audio D6 1500.1

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
amp has burn marks on board at component u30d20a "mospec". The amp, when only b+ and main ground are applied turns on and shows voltage on the remote. . No remote power applied. Amp powers up and power led is green, no protect light. This part is perhaps the neg. rectifier? Here's the readings on that part powered up;

pin #1 .034 volts
pin #2 -105.7 volts
pin #3 .035 volts

IMGDEAD]

IMGDEAD]

question. when replacing the four caps that were broken surrounding the s62525ap in top right of pic #2, i neglected to note the polarity of the caps. so i did a continuity test and all locations had a black half moon on the board and showed ground. So i installed the caps negative to this position. I would assume that that is correct? Thanks

Clarification...

SG2525AP or SG3525AP most likely.

The second photo has the caps in the bottom left. The first photo has 2 of them in the top right. Refer to them as top or bottom. Are those the caps that you're referring to?

Generally, the capacitor's negative goes to the marking on the board. The positive terminals typically have a square solder pad.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.