Sound stream usa 364

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I have own this amp for several years. Was working fine till one day it smoked. I pulled amp apart and both fuses were blown and found a burnt resistor. I checked all outputs, fets, and rectifiers, all check good with the resistor removed from the board. I installed new resistor and checked the 2 rectifiers again and the fen16ct's read bad in the board. Removed from board and both check good just like they do in the board with out the resistor in it. I also noticed that when negative lead of dvc is on any - speaker terminal i have continuity on all rca grounds except channel 3 and 4 and left channel of 1 and 2. I am a begginer and need help as I dont want to see this amp go. I have read many pages on parry babins site but still can not figure this out.

Soundstream usa 364

If you put meter on diode checker with the audible signal and touch the two leads together it buzzes at you. So if you put black lead from meter on the speaker negative terminal and touch the outside of the rca which is its ground the meter will buzz showing continuity on all the rca jack grounds except channels 1,3,4 . Even on the low pass and high pass out it shows continuity

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.