Kicker KX2500.1

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Pulled all outputs, still pulsing. Must be a protection circuit issue in supply.

The gate signal looked fine in the power supply prior to populating the 3205's, maybe one of the transistors is leaky. I have seen that before, signal looks fine under no load. Once a fet is populated it goes bad.

Is this Kicker's handy work or the last guy to "repair" it. I assume it was the last guy since the whole amp was half-assed. Only replacing the shorted outputs and supply fets then selling it on Ebay as working.

Attachments

• IMG_20120205_075126.jpg
    IMG_20120205_075126.jpg
    544.6 KB · Views: 99
Well pulled all outputs, rectifiers and still pulsing in protect mode. Removed 2 fets per side on each power supply thinking it was a loading problem, no change. Removed all the fets from one supply and left the other partially populated, still in protect. Removed all Power supply fets and comes out of protect. This tells me it is secondary supply issues?
Confused, yes I am.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.