Sub under the seat of Volvo V70

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I have just bought myself a Volvo V70 Classic. Nice car, lots of space, safety etc. In the old car I had a Pioneer TS-W205A amplified sub in the boot to lend some bass to the sound. It was sitting in the garage and it was convenient. However, in the Volvo I would like to keep the boot as empty as possible, so I was thinking of adding a sub underneath the seat of the Volvo.

First measurements show that I have about 8x25x35cm which would translate into something like 3.15x9.85x13.78 inch.

Any thoughts on whether this is feasible? Are there designs I can look at somewhere? Drivers to consider?

It shouldn't become a boom car, but it should add a little oomph to the lower regions.

perhaps you could use something like an aura bass shaker, and build a small box with a 1/4" or less thick mylartop as a diaphragm. not sure what else could fit in that small of space. possibly a sub intended for use in the newer bmw's. by the "boot" i am assuming you mean the cargo area? you could easily get away with an 8" or 10" sub in a small sealed enclosure fiber-glassed into the side. you might even find plenty of room behind one of the trim pannels, as many vehicles have lots of dead space unused behind there to keep the appearance strait lined, rather than a few protrusions....

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.