eliminating pop sound when using accessory acc as remote wire for amplifier - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > General Interest > Car Audio

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 31st January 2012, 06:34 AM   #1
diyAudio Member

Default eliminating pop sound when using accessory acc as remote wire for amplifier

pop sound from speaker when i turn off car, the remote wire i'm using is from the accessory (ACC) because the factory headunit doesn't have a remote out i probed all the leads on the back to no luck so my only option was to use the acc or add a turn on switch. is there a way to remove this pop sound if the rca isn't plugged in it doesn't make that pop sound it only makes it from the rear speaker. it might be because of a cheapy line out converter i'm using for the rear line out converter because this isn't happening to the front line out converter.
Old 31st January 2012, 06:46 AM   #2
diyAudio Member

You should be able to purchase a relay that can give you a turn on delay or a soft turn on.
Pyramid 52 Amp Power Supply----Fluke 787 Processmeter----Tektronix 465 Scope----Velleman HPS40 Scope----Soldering Iron----Desoldering Iron----Hejet HJ 500-S Heatgun----DM4070 Digital LCR Meter----Propane Torch
Old 31st January 2012, 08:06 AM   #3
diyAudio Member

i don't have a turn on pop only a turn off pop from using the acc for the remote wire because the stock head unit doesn't have a remote out i tried probing for it but no luck. is there anything i can do to get rid of that pop when turning off car
Old 31st January 2012, 08:10 AM   #4
Mote is offline Mote  Estonia
diyAudio Member

Whats the difference between 12V from remote and 12V from ACC?
Old 31st January 2012, 08:19 AM   #5
diyAudio Member

Good question Mote. Alot of amps have special circuitry to ensure "soft" turn on and turn off to eliminate popping. Maybe it is an internal problem with the amp???
Pyramid 52 Amp Power Supply----Fluke 787 Processmeter----Tektronix 465 Scope----Velleman HPS40 Scope----Soldering Iron----Desoldering Iron----Hejet HJ 500-S Heatgun----DM4070 Digital LCR Meter----Propane Torch
Old 31st January 2012, 03:31 PM   #6
diyAudio Member

Do you read 6v DC on all four wires feeding the rear LOC?

Hide this!Advertise here!