Kicker KX350.2 Dead

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I have a kicker KX350.1 that is dead. When I apply remote voltage to the amp it does nothing. I have 12v on the drain leg of my p.s. fet's, but no voltage on the gate's. I have verified that the remote terminal is making contact. I have checked the tl494cn and found 0 volts on every leg except 18, which reads 3 volts. The i.c. reads the same with or without remote voltage applied. I know that the remote terminal has a good connection because I was able to follow the 12v through a zener where it was regulated to 6v. After that it is hard to tell where it goes. I have searched the power supply over and have not found any open components. Any insight is appreciated.

yes , I had everything connected as if the amp was installed. It is acting like it's not getting a signal from the remote. The ic reads 0volts on all legs except 18. This is putting negative probe on the ground block and putting positive on each leg of the ic. I read where another ground is used in some amps but even when I use the wire that grounds to the heatsink I get the same readings. I have 12v on the drain leg. I read 0volts on the gate.

I am just now starting to learn ic's, but I thought there has to be an input voltage to see any pwm? I also do not have a scope. I do have a radioshack multimeter with the pc-interface and a pulse width selection. I still have not figured out how to display scope info but if you could direct me on what to look for I can give it a shot.

I read 59k ohm's between the third leg of Q1 and center leg of Q2. I think the resistor that connects the two is between Q2 and the transformer (location code is covered with glue) . I figured this by following continuity from Q1 to that resistor, but the resistor on the other side of Q2 (R5) looks like it leads to the center leg of Q2 (from looking at the trace outline on the board)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.