JL Audio 500/5

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
This amp is a 5 channel slash series. its physical size is like that of the JL 1000/1. This being a 5 channel amp means its got 4 class AB channels and a large Class D section.

This amp blew its 12x IRFZ44. I'm already thinking of going straight to IRF3205; this amp is using 47 ohm gate resistors and 4 PS driver pairs.

The question I have, is one of the recifiers off the board at D905 is shorted across leg 1&2, and 2-3 isnt a healthy number. This part is SF1604GA which appears to be made by some company called TSC. SF1604GA appears to be a tough one to find, but Mouser does have SF1604G but I think its just the A's opposite. This amp has another SF1604GA at D501.

I only have a few other rects in my collection as I have not had to replace many;

U1620 AKA
FEP16DTA
MUR1620CTA

I also have a bunch of parts amps for testing. I really dont know what other kind of faults are in this amp just yet either so I dont mind throwing in some rects to get this amp lit for now.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.