directed d2400

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
does anybody have a picture/ know which transistors go where on the d2400 board? i cant find a picture of them without heatsinks...
the previous owner has removed ALL of them and these are what i have in a pile in front of me...
12- IRFZ44N
6- IRF640
6- IRF9640
2- TIP41C
2- TIP42C

i went through them with the meter and a few had shorts so he was on the right track i guess lol

thanks

I don't have any information on that amp specifically.

There are likely more IRF9640s on each side. The 3rd leg of all of the 9640s will be directly connected. The rest of the outputs are IRF640s. The 3rd leg of all of the IRF640s will be directly connected. Check for the direct connection with your meter.

The center legs of the IRFZ44s will be directly connected to the B+ terminal (or so it will seem when you measure the resistance with your meter).

Do the TIPs have Zener diodes connected to their first leg?

When you say there are likely more 9640's on each side are you referring to quantity or relative positioning? I believe he bought the amp new so those would be what originally came in it. As for the zener diodes, yes there are two on each end near the rca jacks on one side and the terminals on the other. I didnt notice before but the markings on the board have the mount filled in on one of the two end transistors and one that's like the rest. Would that indicate a different pinout orientation of that transistor? I tried looking up the TIP41's and 42's but i couldnt find a clear difference between the two. Thanks for helping me out so far perry. Im kind of a rookie at amp repairs but im master ase certified in automotive so, with some *intense* research and your help, i will definitely get this amp going!

these are the markings i was referring to (Q83, Q84)

photobucket-2886-1327203546896.jpg

photobucket-5380-1327205247594.jpg

photobucket-5395-1327205236104.jpg

this is the board i have... this specific picture is from a post by mike49504
184591d1282244478-directed-d2400-picture-402.jpg

Altight i replaced all the transistors and powered the amp and it immediately blew one of the large caps.... im lost. It was pulling .14 amps idling with just power on the +- terminals then blew when i switched power on to remote. It was flashing the protect led as soon as i hooked up the + and -... i have no solder bridges and im pretty sure all the transistors are in their correct positions. Any ideas?

the caps could possibly be the reason for failure. i would remove them first, and the 2 rectifier diodes, then check over your new fets for shorting, as well as the drivers before powering it up again. you say 1.14a with just power and ground? (replying from page1) that should not be. it should take some power, but just a little at first, and then no longer draw until powered up. if the rail caps were damaged from freezing, then the power supply caps may be damaged as well. or, the power fet driver(s) can be shorted, keeping a couple fets powered constant. either way, find that draw, and you will find a problem keeping you from powering up the power supply.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.