Power Acoustik BAMF 2000/1D Schematic? - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > General Interest > Car Audio

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 17th January 2012, 09:59 PM   #1
diyAudio Member

Default Power Acoustik BAMF 2000/1D Schematic?

Anyone here have a schematic for this amp? I just bought one (not working) as a project to learn more about class-d amplifiers.

Thanks in advance!!
Old 18th January 2012, 12:09 AM   #2
diyAudio Member

Actually, after some investigating tonight it looks as though it's got a couple shorted IR 3205's on the power supply. I may not need that schematic after all!

Does anyone here have experience with these? I just want to confirm a few readings I am getting...

Thanks!
Old 18th January 2012, 03:23 AM   #3
diyAudio Member

I don't have a diagram for the amp.

What other questions did you have?
Old 18th January 2012, 11:31 AM   #4
diyAudio Member

I am seeing a ~47 khz square wave driving the fets in the power supply, does this sound about right? Again, haven't ever touched a switching psu before, while I know in theory how they work I've never actually hooked a scope to one and started probing..
Old 18th January 2012, 11:15 PM   #5
diyAudio Member

47kHz seems a bit high but I've never measured this on these amps. If I get one in the next few days, I'll check it.
Old 28th January 2012, 02:40 AM   #6
diyAudio Member

I figure I will drop another post to just update what was done.. I bought this as a project ($10 at a local pawn shop) to get some hands on with class D amps. The amp had about 170mv across the outputs and no audio during initial testing. Once I opened it up I found a loose screw rolling around between the case and bottom of the pcb, I assumed the worst at that point. Anyway, I found 2 shorted 3205's on the power supply. The reason they failed was because there was also a shorted irfp264n drawing as much as it could.. In the end I substituted a pair of irfp4229pbf's for the irfp264n's as I was having a really hard time finding them. So far so good! Although I haven't done a high power test the amp runs seemingly fine for the past few days running a few speakers in my garage.

Hide this!Advertise here!