RE Audio XT-2000DEv2

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Question on this amp: Should all 8x IRF3710 outputs have some rail voltage on them? I'm only finding half with +54v. This amp only has positive rail voltage.

This amp is kinda similar to a Mmats amp, but this being the generic version. I've seen other generic types such as Slugger and a few. The board says designed by D.R.Ecker, CE of US Amps. It uses the HIP4080 driver. I got this amp in with one of the output chokes desoldered/damaged PCB, and 2x IRF3710 shorted.

All (as far as I know) of the 4080 based amps have only one positive rail for the output transistors. Half of the outputs have their drains connected to the positive rail. The negative rail is ground. The source legs of the other half of the outputs connect to ground. The remaining drains sources are connected together (in two isolated groups) and swing between ground and the positive rail.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.