Where to get this trimmer potentiometer Knob replacement? - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > General Interest > Car Audio

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 13th January 2012, 11:21 PM   #1
diyAudio Member

Default Where to get this trimmer potentiometer Knob replacement?

Hello everybody!

I am ordering from mouser soon to get parts for this amp & was wondering if they carry these knobs / whatever there called or similar ones for these trimmer potentiometers with the hexagonal adjustment openings (I could not find them). Looks like the knob broke off the hex shaft on one of the controls in a Memphis 16-PR1KD amp that I am working on, the pots appear to be ok though. If you know of other places besides mouser, let me know as well. I did a bit of searching, but could not find anything, maybe I was not typing in the right key words.

I will include some pictures below so you can see what I am talking about. The first two are of the missing & or broken one, & the third is of the X-OVER knob and what is supposed to be on there, Iím not for sure, but it may be molded on.

Thank you for any info on this! If I canít find any of these I am sure I can make up some kind of knob that will work if I have too, but thought I would ask. Thanks again!

Click the image to open in full size.

Old 14th January 2012, 12:18 AM   #2
diyAudio Member

They look like the same ones used by SoundStream in their amps You could email Jaime thru ebay Jandrelectronics or directly at Jandrelectronics@aol.com and see if he has any spares left over...hope this helps some
Old 14th January 2012, 08:20 AM   #3
diyAudio Member

Ok cool, thank you for the info 1moreamp! I will inquire about them & see what they say. I am wanting to say I seen these in older MTX amps, but with a plastic shaft, I could be mistaken & don’t feel like digging any of the amps out or pulling any covers! Even if they do I don’t have any spares to pull. Thanks again!

Just glanced in a Crunch amp I have open on my bench and it uses them too! If only it was a parts amp, haha.

Last edited by Pioneer621; 14th January 2012 at 08:42 AM.
Old 1st February 2012, 07:50 AM   #4
diyAudio Member

Well I sent him an email on the 16th but no reply (checked inbox & spam folders) & I could not find his ebay account. I donít have any parts amps to salvage one from so I went ahead & made a generic knob out of some old Acrylic scraps I had (a couple pics below). Not the greatest but it seems solid & adjusts the pots fine; I think it will work ok. It looks normal with the amps side panel on.

I still wonder where those can be found, some place must carry them. If I locate any suppliers I will try to post back incase others need them.

Alright, just figured I would update this since its not much of a thread!

Old 1st February 2012, 08:44 AM   #5
diyAudio Member

nice job. i'm on the hunt for one for a soundstream as well... missing the whole shaft and knob on mine, though.
Old 1st February 2012, 09:51 AM   #6
diyAudio Member

Thanks, its not pretty but it works! Yeah, I am glad it at least had the shaft as it gave me something to work with. You may want to send an email to jandrelectronics as 1moreamp suggested above, it is worth a shot, could have been bad timing when I sent the email or maybe my mail got lost in the interweb somewhere, who knows.

The amp you have sounds like it would be nice to get a proper / matching replacement; but you may be able to make something up if you can find an allen or hex wrench the correct size. Then cut it to the needed length & make up some kind of knob, but it would be much better if you can find an original replacement, someone is bound to have a parts amp with one.

I will keep looking & if I find a supplier with them I will post back.

Hide this!Advertise here!