Overheated Amplifier

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Okay I made an amp rack for two of my amplifiers. One amplifier was a PPI PC2100. The other is a HIF2000D.

I had the PPI amplifier on the bottom rack and the HIF on the top. I THOUGHT that the port air from my subs would cool down the PPI amplifier by pushing air pass the amp. I was wrong. Noob mistake. Now its distorting out my sounds...crackling sounds. What component should I look to replace inside the amp to fix it?

I'm a noob at it, but I'm good at repairing electronics, so I just need to know what to look for, where's it's located and such, if pictures are needed, I'll post them.

Both channel are outputting disorted audio. I checked the ground. It is still good. I havent done a volt test yet though. Both speakers work fine. I just need to sell it so it can go towards my infinity interior setup...but I cant sell it broken

Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.