Car stereo with PC - need help - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > General Interest > Car Audio

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 10th January 2012, 03:50 AM   #1
diyAudio Member

Default Car stereo with PC - need help

Hello dears, I'd like to use car cd receiver having usb port and two door speaker connected to it as an audio interface for PC, is it possible to do it?
Please somebody advice me how to apply it
Old 10th January 2012, 04:50 AM   #2
diyAudio Member

Make/model of the head unit (and a link to the owner's manual) and what you're trying to do (precisely) with the head unit and computer.
Old 10th January 2012, 08:59 AM   #3
diyAudio Member

I want to use the pioneer TS-D1002R speaker with my pc. I'm intrested in their response range "40Hz-40KHz" in their size 4" and don't want to pay too much for good powered speakers and need to amplify them, they are 25W RMS. I'm thinking of Kenwood KDC-X395 to use it as amplifier. After further reseearch I found it done on youtube " kenwood kdc x395 review - YouTube " he used the aux-in connected to the comp. but I need also to connect many inputs to it, and also don't know if the RCAs can be connected to the PC's onboard line-in "they are pre-amplified" to insert other inputs "mainly a synthesizer" at the same time through the cd receiver to a DAW for recording and mixing. couldn't find any manual but this back panel photo http://images.sonicelectronix.com/im...ig/kdcx395.jpg
Old 10th January 2012, 06:17 PM   #4
diyAudio Member

Don't expect anything near the rated frequency response with those speakers. To produce any usable output at 40Hz, the speakers would have to be in a very well designed enclosure.

The front panel input can be used to feed the head unit from the computer.

The preamp/line-in to the computer can accept the output of the mixer as long as the output of the mixer is preamp level (not speaker level).
Old 13th January 2012, 10:36 AM   #5
diyAudio Member

thanks dear for the help, i'm new to audio projects, didn't knew about the enclosure importance .

Hide this!Advertise here!