Memphis 16-mc3004 pops fuses

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Ok, so pops fuses every 10 secs of being hooked up. Yall have stated the output transistors are shorted. Last time I hooked it up I seen the resistors smoking when I had the cover off, so I am replacing them too. Only thing is, The color code looks black, green, silver, gold. Ive been all over the net looking at color charts and there is no silver stripe other than the last one that would be 10% tolerance. Maybe what i think is silver is either white or grey?

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

The resistors still in the amp.
An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

This might help some:)

Attachments

• resistor-color-code-all.gif
    resistor-color-code-all.gif
    37.7 KB · Views: 67
It's generally determined by the physical size but that's not 100% reliable because some resistors are made of high-temp materials and can dissipate more power than other resistors their size. I don't think that's the case here. These appear to be run-of-the-mill wirewound resistors. Using replacements the same size should be sufficient.

I doubt that your resistors are defective. Wirewound resistors can take a lot of abuse.

Figured I would replace them, but ill check them with a DMM to make sure they still hold the same ohm value. If they do Ill toss them back in. Just seems right to replace parts that smoke up. I'm a mechanic and work on h-60b helos for the navy, so its natural for me to replace parts that look damaged or worn, lol.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.