Kicker IX1302

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
This amp had 40ohms across + and - power terminals. I bank of power supply fets was close to 0 ohms.

With no power supply fets and no power supply drivers installed I get no output from the 494.

Here is what I get DCV referenced to - power terminal:
01: 0v
02: 4.89v
03: 4.74v
04: Starts at about 5v and quickly drops to 0v
05: 1.41v - has sawtooth.
06: 3.54v
07: 0v
08: 14v
09: 0v
10: 0v
11: 14v
12: 14v
13: 4.88v
14: 4.88v
15: 4.88v
16: 5.02v

Pin 3 is being driven high even though pin 1 is lower than pin 2. Could this be a bad 494?

Can't manually adjust my power supply so I put some 270ohm resistors in parallel and I get signal. Is this thing just that heavily regulated? Why does that cause the drive signal to appear?

Should I expect that when I install PS fets and drivers that it will still be there?

EDIT: That is, the resistors are in parallel with each other, inline with B+. It's all I can do to limit the voltage.

Last edited:
With rectifiers removed it remains in protect. After removing the jumpers going to the voltage regulation rectifier diodes it powers up.

Both zeners appear ok, both shunt resistors appear ok, no shorted caps or diodes but the whole area is very toasty (not burned, just brown). I'm a little concerned that broken solder joints may have occurred in that area. I have touched up all solder joints on the voltage regs. How can I tell if the op-amps are bad? I get the feeling a zener had a bad solder joint. Maybe killed my op amps.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.