Soundstream XTA 880.2

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Does anyone know the value of the resistor that goes in the power supply?

1 end connects to the middle leg of the power supply fets the other end connects to a cap then to one of the windings on the transformer..

I believe its a 1 watt resistor but dont know the value since it burnt pretty bad

Its circled in this pic but cant make out the color bands

Attachments

• sounstream.jpg
    sounstream.jpg
    97.3 KB · Views: 88
Last edited:
Looks like there are two power supplies and so I am taking a stab at the possibility that you will find a similar device on the second power supply opposite of the one that is circled that is burnt.
It also looks like a simple Zobel filter <RC network > and these typically have values between 4.7 and 10 ohms. And yes it appears to be a 1watt ceramic metal film resistor...Hope this helps some I don't have any info on this series of offshore amps

Last edited:
Ok i replaced the 2 resistors.

I removed the rectifiers from the amp..

I only have 1 fet per power supply right now..

Drivers check good..

As soon as i power it up the fets get red hot within 2 secs..

Do i need more them 1 fet per power supply to see if there is any other problems ?

Or should 1 work per supply for now ?

I put 2 fets per supply..

I put 10 ohm resistors in place of the burnt resistors that i could not make out the color bands..

I checked all power supply drivers and they all test good..

Within 3 secs all 4 of the fets get hot in both supply's ..

if thoose resistors arent the correct value would that cause the fets to heat up ?

Or what would i check next?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.