JL AMp E1400d Repair Help Please

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
OK here are all the results

K perry here are all the results with all of them still in the board, i have meter set to 200ohms and meter set on diode and when both leads are open either on ohms and diode i have 1 showing on the meter far left. here are the readings

Attachments

• Q48.jpg
    Q48.jpg
    80.1 KB · Views: 77
  • Q49pix2.jpg
    Q49pix2.jpg
    80.3 KB · Views: 79
  • Q50.jpg
    Q50.jpg
    80.5 KB · Views: 71
  • Q51.jpg
    Q51.jpg
    80.1 KB · Views: 77
  • Q53.jpg
    Q53.jpg
    80.1 KB · Views: 74
  • Q54.jpg
    Q54.jpg
    80.2 KB · Views: 24
  • Q61.jpg
    Q61.jpg
    80.1 KB · Views: 23
  • Q62.jpg
    Q62.jpg
    80.2 KB · Views: 30
  • D18.jpg
    D18.jpg
    80.8 KB · Views: 32
k perry i put the clips back in except D18 turn the meter to DCV 500 power it up with a 10amp fuse on the pos side and i got 71 so then i turn it off and put the clip back on and i went to recheck the reading again with the meter still on 500 DCV i got nothing then i turn the meter to DCV setting 20 and i got a reading of 0.48, so i'm confused at this point b/c it's odd that when the clip off i got the reading on DCV 500 and i got 71 and now on setting dcv 20 i got only 0.48, and another thing was the driver board had a led light on and now it wont go back on after i put the clip back on too, so i'm waiting for some help thank you

When I reply to a thread, I use the 'go to last post' button. If someone posts multiple times, I don't see anything but the last post.

Again, it sounds like you have a bad connection but if something is lit now that was not previously lit, it could indicate that something has failed.

Why do you think there is a problem with the resistors?

I had the very same symptoms on an e1800D. Perry nailed it in his first response, it was the center leg of the rectifiers. With the amp powered up I pressed gently on the center leg of the rectifiers (D18 in your case) with a pencil eraser and saw sparks which instantly told me the leg was broken, even though moving the rectifier around by hand with power off did not reveal a broken leg.

Just be careful not to bend the leg and touch anything else.

k so i wont be able to tell until i power it up and push on the center legs and c if they make spark without touch anything else. on the resister i said something b/c i thought they should be tight agaist the board and there lose so should i tight them up and try again? or should i push on the center leg on D18 and c if it works.

k tooked the amp board out of its case solders the leg on D18 and put it back togeather and power it up before i had 4 led light inside the amp light up except the there a driver board led light that didn't light up and after i solder everything back in place i power it up and now i have 5 led light up and i put my meter on DCV set it on 500 and i read on the center leg D18 reads 69 DCV is that a good start now?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.