wanted: soundstream reference class A 6.0

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I´ll keep an eye out for you.
You should be patient, don´t jump on the first one or you might be paying a lot for it.
Don´t worry about the Picasso we´ll get it to sound to your liking.
The coming weeks I will be experimenting with different op-amps on a Ref Picasso.
I've already started with OPA2134 on a DLS Genesis Series 2 SA-50 Class A and the difference in sound is very noticable.

Personally I love the Picasso´s on highs, on mids I´d prefer the warmer sounding 6.0
But like I said, with other op-amps you can alter the sound of your Picasso.
The 6.0 should be great with LME49740 or maybe one of the Burr-Browns.

Allright we have replaced the OP275 on two of the four channels of the Ref Picasso with sockets and OPA2134, for starters.

On this particular amplifier my father prefers the OP275. It has more treble and bass and probably better stereo (left / right separation).

I personally prefer the OPA2134 as it's slightly warmer and less treble which means less fatiguing to my damaged ears. But that's very personal. I like warmth in my mids.
On the Genesis the OPA2134 enhanced bass as compared to the original op-amps, but on this amplifier it has slightly less bass than the original op-amps.
For most people, I would not recommend replacing the OP275 by OPA2134 on this particular amp. But again, it's a matter of personal taste. I like it myself.

Lots of different op-amps were shipped to me today, I should have them in about a week if Customs doesn't give me a hard time. Will start a full report soon.

Soundstream Ref 6.0 for sale........maybe...

I have a Soundstream Reference 6.0 that I am not using anymore. It works perfectly. I purchased a new vehicle a couple of years ago and never put a system in it (it had a factory system). I held onto it because of the sentimental value and the fact that once it's gone I will likely never be able to get one again. I just happened to think about it today and maybe that I should sell it. I'm sure you would like to see pics before you make a decision to buy, but before I go thru the trouble, what is the price range you are comfortable with?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.