Boss Audio REV 3000 in protect

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
this amp had some burnt power Mosfets and I replaced all those (IRFZ44N) and the gate resistors (47 ohms) and went ahead and replaced all of the audio Mosfets (IRF2807) powered it up and it shorted one of the power mosfets and shut the power supply off. so I removed all the power mosfets and powered it up and it goes into protect, I have 4.29v on all of the gate pads of the power side and 13.91 on all of the Drain pads, I need to know where to check from that...also all of the gate resistors make good contact to the gate pads .

IMG355.jpg

The 30 amp fuse could explain the failure so we won't waste any more time trying to find the reason the FETs failed the second time.

Replace the two that failed (if you have more FETs from the same batch). Remove the rectifiers. Clamp all transistors tightly to the heatsink. insert a 15 amp fuse in the B+ line and power up the amp. Does the fuse blow?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.