Rockford Fosgate 1501bd preview Repairing

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Well, here are some of my measurements:

U17
Pin 1: 0
pin 2: 0
pin 3: 0
pin 4: -9.91
pin 5: 0
pin 6: 7.90
pin 7: 9.76
pin 8: 0

U5
Pin 1: 0
pin 2: 7.90
Pin 3: 8.15
pin 4: -9.91
pin 5: -0.40
pin 6: 8.23
pin 7: 9.76
pin 8: -0.93 and this measure ranged

U5 can be wrong?

Last edited:
Well, today I arrived I was missing the IC (LM6172)
This is what happens when connected:
The first thing to say that the amplifier is stable, even when loaded in the output and input signal.
The speaker produces hissing, (0.7 v at terminals)
When I connect the audio signal at the entrance, distorted sound on the speaker, and bass, as if it ran only 15% of its performance.
When you turn the gain level, the hissing sound changes, there is even a point at which almost disappears.
When I switch the switch on the stage, the speaker cone gives a blow.
I think the amp works, but must have a fault in the previous section ...
What do you think Perry?

Perry:
No, I have the dvd tutorial, where I can buy?
The oscilloscope, I'm still looking for here, my city, I can rent one, but can not find ...
Seankane:
I ... you're right, the U10, I have not checked, this afternoon when I get home, I will post the measurements of all the pins ...
I really appreciate the effort and consideration you're having me.

I'm not trying to sell the DVD here (the mods wouldn't approve). I was asking because I was going to point you to a particular section.

If you don't find that the driver is defective, maybe seankane can point you to the repair where a pot was used to cause the amplifier to swing high or low and allow the drive circuit to be tested with a multimeter.

Sorry Perry, I did not mean to bother you, I read all your links ...

In my previous message, when I said, I really appreciated the effort and consideration that was on your part, I meant the two,

Sorry also for my translations (Spanish to English), that maybe sometimes not well understood ..

Well, U10 measures are:
pin1, pin2, pin3,pin4 and pin5 are all the same, ranging between 11.00 and 10.70 v

I checked, U6 and I make, the same measures as U10

Today when connecting the amplifier I've noticed something strange ...
The LED protection has not been on for a second, as before ...

After doing these steps I have said, I connected the speaker, and after five seconds, Q105 has blown, ¿weird?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.