Any specs on this JBL driver?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
JBL Grand Touring Series GT2 12

Double stacked 40 0z magnets,black rubber surround,inverse dustcap with Orange JBL logo.
4 ohm HT300JL4.

Can someone please find the specs for this subwoofer,looked all over the net found nothing looking like this one.

Also because I got very cheap second hand at a car boot sale [£2] everything works fine except for the glue around the dustcap is peeling off so I need a glue which can stick plastic[dustcap] to a coated paper cone.
Tried using super glue it's useless,doesn't seem to bond to the special plastic dustcap.
Apart from that the speaker is ok,NO buzzes or rattles or any other damaged part.Tried it at loud volume for about 30 mins annoying flappind sound of the partially unstuck dustcap,but no rubbing sounds luckerly.

So i need the specs for this driver and also need to find a suitable glue with can stick this dreaded weird kind of plastic dust cap to the cone?
:bawling: :confused:

Looking through my JBL service manual, I don't see that model number listed anywhere. Can you re-check it and make sure you haven't missed anything?

As far as your dust cap, Bostik makes a liquid neoprene adhesive that works very well with poly cones. I've used it many times to repair infinty poly cone drivers and I've never had a dust-cap fall off. If you can't find the Bostik, try using rubber cement. It's not quite as good as the Bostik, but it should do the job.

Cheers,
Zach

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.