Velleman HPS40

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hello I just picked up a Velleman HPS40 scope (hand held) for $60.

It works very well and was hardly used, and retail is 8 times what I paid for it.

I purchased it for the rms wattage function at all different ohm ranges. I can now test my amps to clipping to see what rms they put out at different loads.

I also purchased some dummy loads to go with it. I am going to get them set up and fan cooled.

Does anyone know much about these scopes and of their quality? Wouldnt mind hearing some feedback.

Thanks....

Hello I just picked up a Velleman HPS40 scope (hand held) for $60.

It works very well and was hardly used, and retail is 8 times what I paid for it.

I purchased it for the rms wattage function at all different ohm ranges. I can now test my amps to clipping to see what rms they put out at different loads.

I also purchased some dummy loads to go with it. I am going to get them set up and fan cooled.

Does anyone know much about these scopes and of their quality? Wouldnt mind hearing some feedback.

Thanks....

I have a Velleman HPS10, perfect for audio measurements, and even for SMPS technique up to 100kHz. Over 100kHz it is difficult to see transients, and see square-wave ris and falls.
However the the POWER RMS function is not the best for punctial measurements, due to the resolution of the AD converter (only 8 bit). But it is much better then an AC volt-meter due to integration method of power calculation.
I am also planning to upgrade my HPS10 to a HPS40, since I am working on class-d amps and LLC resonant converters.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.